Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Little Dab Will Do Ya...

I didn't know Brylcreem, the men's hair grooming product was still around until Thursday morning, when Mike asked me to find 12 tubes for Victor Fung. My mission, if I was to accept it, was to find the travel size tubes for Mike so he could courier them back to Hong Kong on Sunday. I realized that meant I had to get them quick-shipped to me by Friday so they'd be in hand for Mike's flight Sunday night. Any shipment arriving Monday would be too late.

I dutifully set aside my three projects for the day and began researching this dinosaur from the 50's. Consisting of mineral oil and beeswax, this haircreme allows any user to slick his hair back or mold it into any shape. I suspect this is what Elvis Presley used to concoct his "do."

I learned that the local stores stocking Brylcreem only carry the 4.5 oz size, and not the 2.5 travel size tubes. I learned that most online retailers who offered the prized tubes could not get a shipment to me until Monday at the earliest. The one retailed who offered an express option (at double the price) could only do so if the ordered by 11:00 a.m. Luckily I checked to see if they were on PST or EST. Turns out it was already 12:30 p.m. their time--too late to get anything out for a Friday delivery!

In the end, I found a supplier on Amazon who could ship directly to Hong Kong.

Whew! what a goose chase! I felt like a rat running a maze for 2.5 hours.

But it's nice to know that I can still get things done. It just meant other things (like my exercise), didn't get done. Choices. That's what it's all about. Yep, a little dab'll do ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home