Thursday, August 21, 2008

Appreciate, Be in Awe and Hope!

According to the latest book by renowned Stanford psychologist, Phil Zimbardo, each of us has three chances to be happy:

We can be happy about our past, about the present, and/or about our future. Some of us dwell more in one "time zone" than another. Those who are happiest with the past enhance that experience by appreciating and reliving the past events in their minds. Those who are happiest in the present, enhance the experience by being in awe of everyday miracles. Finally, those who are always looking to the future, can be ecstatic if focused on hoping for the best.

In any case, it helps to know that we have three chances at happiness. The best of all worlds is to be able to balance all three time zones and be happy in each and every one.
* I want to appreciate and relish my past experiences.
* I want to be in awe of what I am fortunate enough to experience right ow.
* I want to look forward to some fantastic experiences that I have yet to create!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home