Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Great Recall



We are two months into 2008 and I'm getting the the distinct feeling that a lot of our "star players" will be recalled this year. In January, one of Mike's best friends died in a tragic copter crash in Indonesia while scouting a new business venture. He was 57. In February, less than a week ago, we learned that another family friend died in her sleep while vacationing at Lake Tahoe. She was 54. Finally, I'm in Chicago right now visiting Auntie Barbara who has been fighting stage IV lung cancer since October. They started her hospice care on Friday. The day before Linda's funeral.

Seems that God is recalling his star players for a special project, doesn't it? Eve left last year. Lisa's mom just learned a couple weeks ago that she has about three months to live. All these folks were vegetarians or only ate organic foods, etc.

So my reflections on this:
1. With Bob's death, I decided I need to tie up looseends so that Mike and the kids can find everything in case I die unexpectedly.
2. with Linda's death, I realized that I need to let people know how much I appreciate them, and how they made a difference in my life, while they are alive!! That's mostly why I insisted on coming to Chicago this week to visit Auntie Barbara.
3. it doesn't seem to matter whether I exercise, meditate, eat organic because everyone who is superfocussed on all this gets recalled early. I'll just enjoy life.
4. In my remaining days, I will look for the miracles since they seem to happening with more frequency (at least one a day) and I will say something inspiring and/or empowering to the people I encounter. No need to strive for anything else. I think I'm on the process part of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home